Community  

RSS

WoVeN - Amy
(@woven-amy)
Member Admin
October 4, 2017 11:29 am  

Having strong relationships is a really great way to feel connected to your community. What are some ways that you stay connected to your community?

ReplyQuote
JanInNEPA
(@janinnepa)
March 3, 2018 10:47 am  

I joined my local American Legion Post eleven years ago.  Through them I only connected occasionally with other women veterans.  With them I have participated in parades, and programs at grade and high school.  I hope you noticed that this year out national commander is a woman veteran.  I am going with my local Commander to a dinner in Harrisburg on March 20, to honor her and our state Commander.  I am really looking forward to meeting her.  I plan to present her with a binder of information about the projects I have created in the last few years relating to women veterans.  Any  of the things I have done (like the Woman Veterans and Friends Afternoon Tea that I already talked about) can be done individually or by a group of women veterans.  All it takes is a willingness to go out and do something.  You don't even have to be a member of the American Legion.

Levels liked
ReplyQuote
Levels
(@levels)
March 4, 2018 4:22 pm  

Thank you for sharing JaninNEPA,

Very inspiring .. please take pictures and share with us. I wish I could attend and meet her as well, there was mention of her at our Woven peer leader training last week. Safe travels to you. 

Be well, Levels

ReplyQuote
Levels
(@levels)
March 4, 2018 4:50 pm  

https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/45692/

Just thought I’d share this link. 

Hope everyone is fabulous 😘😍🤗

EyvetteWJT liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working