suggestions and help....  

RSS

Wendy13
(@wendy13)
February 25, 2019 2:10 pm  

Hi ladies!

Been awhile since I posted....I've been going through some things lately and I think I might just be coming out of it... I'm in a bit of a rut, mid life crisis, whatever you want to call it.

I know a lot of you on here are counsellors of some kind or other. I've decided that I want to finally do what I've been thinking about for years now and I want to become a substance abuse counsellor.  

I need help....I never had a support system growing up so I never learned how to pursue my goals and dreams.... from the abusive upbringing to the military to the abusive relationships I've always taken care of everyone but me.  

so here it is....how do I start??? I don't have a degree....I've been in the medical field for 29 years now as a surgical tech.  

oh and by the way....I sure do miss you ladies.

Wendy

Levels liked
ReplyQuote
Levels
(@levels)
February 26, 2019 1:36 am  

Hey Wendy, 

Miss you too. I hope you find the resources and help you need to achieve this amazing goal. I’ll shoot you an email so we can catch up 🤗❤️

Take care,

Tracie 

ReplyQuote
ernestine
(@ernestine)
February 27, 2019 2:17 pm  

Wendy,hello lady this is Tina. I went through a similar career change after being in a specific job field over an extended amount of years. I must say it can be a little scary. Believe in yourself and your capabilities and realize in the prime of your life you are still capable of learning and opening new doors. Go forth Veteran

Levels liked
ReplyQuote
Angel B
(@angelb)
March 12, 2019 5:03 pm  

If you are looking to go back to school and earn a degree, I recommend searching for a Veterans Upward Bound program in your area. There are 64 programs nation wide. VUB is a federal grant program funded by the Department of Education. Their goal is to assist veterans with admissions, identifying financial aid options, and academic skills remediation. I work for one of these programs and we have helped numerous veterans get admitted to all kinds of post secondary programs such as: Vo-tech schools, Truck Driving Schools, Entrepreneurship Programs, and 2- and 4-year colleges and universities. After seeing everything the program has to offer, I wish I would have known about them when I went back to school, it would have made everything so much easier! Here is a link to the National VUB webpage list of programs by state. NAVUB I certainly hope you find many more resources and are able to achieve your goals!

Levels liked
ReplyQuote
Levels
(@levels)
March 15, 2019 4:38 pm  

Hi Angel,

Welcome to WoVeN 👋🏽😀

Thank you so much for this helpful information. 

Tracie Rosado aka Levels

San Antonio Peer-Leader 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register