WoVeN is heading to Houston, TX on October 10-12 to host our third peer leader training!
Eighteen women Veterans from across the country will be attending to be trained as peer leaders, and soon will be leading WoVeN groups in their own communities. This training is especially exciting because the Texas Veterans Commission is sponsoring eight attendees from Texas in order to increase the reach of WoVeN farther across the state.
Here’s the breakdown of who will be attending:
- Billiekai Boughton and Cynthia Marinaccio from San Diego, CA
- Shurhonda Love and April Price from Washington, D.C.
- Latisha Faison and Cheryl Atkins from Augusta, GA
- Paula Kemp and Tanya VanBeem from Riverside, CA
- Misty Lowder and Selena Simmons from Oklahoma City, OK
- Linda Lutrall and Shayne Carter from Amarillo, TX
- Catherine Thomas and Karen Thompson from Tyler, TX
- Yolanda Willis-Pickens and Leandra Hernandez from San Angelo, TX
- Geri Massey and Jonnie Blackwell from Abilene, TX
We’re so excited to meet these incredible women and for them to join the WoVeN family. If you live in one of the cities where new groups will be running and would like to join, you can enroll here.. If WoVeN isn’t in your area yet, keep your eye out for future opportunities to bring WoVeN to your city!